Industry representatives gather at 2016 meeting of the International Crane Stakeholder Assembly (ICSA) meeting in Munich, Germany.
The annual meeting of the ICSA took place at the Novotel Munchen Messe in Munich, Germany on April 13, 2016.
It was hosted jointly by the European Federation of Materials Handling (FEM) and the European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes (ESTA).
The meeting brought together 19 participants from 8 countries representing industry users and manufacturers from around the world.
It comprised two parallel morning sessions – one for users and one for manufacturers – and a joint afternoon session which reviewed a series of significant issues for the crane industry worldwide.
The agenda included:
- Final review and approval of the 2nd Edition of ICSA Guidance Paper 001, entitled “Leaving mobile cranes unattended in (partially) erected mode”
- Final review and approval of draft ICSA Guidance Paper 002, entitled “Lifiting a load with several mobile cranes (multiple cranes or tandem lifting)
- Final review and approval of draft ICSA Guidance Paper 003, entitled “Lifting persons with mobile cranes”.
Discussion also covered:
- Update on ESTA’s European Crane Operators Licence project
- Update from the Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) regarding new thoughts and/or developments in the United States with respect to EN13000:2010.
- How to use the knowledge of the effect of load cycles on the life span of a crane
- Update from the Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA) on the topic of inspections and 10 year overhaul of mobile cranes
- Information decals for spark arrestor and emergency lowering systems
- Stability calculations and stability issues especially for long boom applications
- Fibre ropes; on-going development.
Finally, delegates heard presentations on the following:
- FEM Guideline 5.022, entitled “Safety measures and procedures related to work at height – mobile cranes”.
- Status report from FEM on “Directive 97/68/EC draft for new engine exhaust systems”
The next ICSA annual meeting will be held during ConExpo 2017, which takes place in Las Vegas, United States from March 7-11.
Notes for editors
ICSA’s mission is to:
· Facilitate information sharing and meaningful dialogue between crane industry stakeholders on safety, technical and regulatory issues of concern to the international crane industry
· Provide an environment for, and encourage the creation of, significant networking opportunities between industry stakeholders and promote consensus positions on behalf of the crane industry on issues of common concern, so that ICSA members can make representation to relevant regulatory and/or standardization bodies.
· Promote the harmonization of international standards
ICSA members are:
· Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM)
· European Federation of Materials Handling (FEM)
· Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA)
· Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA)
· European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes (ESTA)
For further information contact Graham Anderson, ESTA Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 1865 318123.
SEPTEMBER 25 – 28, HAMBURG
Wind Energy Hamburg – the global on- and offshore expo and summit
ESTA 2018 Autumn Meeting - October 18th|19th, 2018, Switzerland
Aquatis Hotel, Route de Berne 148, 1010 Lausanne, Vaud - Suisse, +41 (0)21 654 24 24,
email@example.com | www.aquatis-hotel.ch