30 October 2018
The latest meeting of the ICSA (International Crane Stakeholders Assembly) was hosted by the Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA) on 22-23 October following CICA’s National Conference in Melbourne.
ICSA is a meeting of international associations representing the crane and rigging industry and crane manufacturers with the goal of sharing information, networking and the harmonisation of industry standards.
There were three separate meetings under the auspices of the ICSA:
• A meeting between organisations that represent Crane and Rigging Users (CICA - The Crane Industry Council of Australia; ESTA - the European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes; and SC&RA - the Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association.
• A meeting between associations that represent Crane Manufacturers (AEM - Association of Equipment Manufacturers; FEM - European Materials Handling Federation; and guest organisation JCA – Japan Crane Association).
• A joint meeting of both ‘User’ and ‘Manufacturer’ associations
• An update and action towards a draft ICSA position paper on ground conditions - updating information on the transport and logistics of delivering large wind farm components onto site and the coordination of hardstand utilization
• An update and action on a draft ICSA position paper on Cranes and Barges - a review and update from feedback received
• High Performance Fibre Rope development in which the impact on lifting charts and rigging convenience were weighed up against the cost, winch drum and sheave hardware complications and weight distributions issues
• A summary of developments in crane standards - EN 13000, B30.5, and B30.30
The next ICSA meeting will be held in Munich during the 2019 BAUMA Trade Fair.
For further information about the Melbourne meeting, contact: Brandon Hitch, CEO, CICA, on 0061 (0) 428 228 048
Project Cargo Summit
September 11th|12th, 2019, Rotterdam Netherlands
The Project Cargo Summit 2019 focusses on sharing knowledge and discussing major issues and developments that influence the project cargo industry. By offering high-level presentations, critical discussions and in-depth interviews the Project Cargo Summit will inform professionals about the latest trends and challenges.
September 25-27, 2019 JDL Beaune - French cranes and access exhibition, Beaune, France. Go to jdlevents.cluster1.easy-hebergement.net/jdl2019Read more
October 3-4, ESTA Autumn Meeting, Piacenza, Italy. Go to www.estaeurope.euRead more