The role of ESTA’s Transport Section is to:
- promote safety, quality and professionalism throughout the European heavy transport industry;
- highlight inconsistencies within the European heavy transport industry lobby for change, where appropriate;
- support member states in matters where national issues require international intervention or advice;
- wherever possible, harmonise working practices and operational regulations to create an environment conducive to cross-border heavy transport projects;
- provide the basis for minimum standards, where current regulations are ambiguous, ineffective or do not currently exist.
Transport Section Meetings are open to Ordinary and Special Members and Affiliated Companies.